Tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 9 a.m., Mormon Research Ministries will be hosting a symposium at our church that can be read about here. There are a few ways that you can lend a helping hand:
- We’re setting up everything at the church tonight starting at 5 p.m. This will include arranging furniture, setting up the kitchen, etc. The more people who show up to help, the quicker it will be done!
- If you signed up to bring a certain kind of snack, make sure to remember to bring it. You can also swipe some of your children’s Halloween candy and bring that — there’s no shame in it.
- We need greeters to welcome guests during the event and give them information as to where food, drinks, literature, restrooms, etc. can be found. If you wish to do that and have a PBC shirt (preferably the Onion Days one), then come dressed for the occasion. I (Jeremy) will be doing it and it would be nice to have a couple more guys.
- Bring people. We have no idea how many people will show up, but we’re prepared for a full house. If you have a friends/neighbors/family that are willing to come along, offer to give them a ride.
- Bring questions. The men who are presenting are professional researchers of the Latter Day Saints religion. There will be some casual time and a Q&A session, so ask them stuff!
- Linger afterwards to help put the church back in order before Sunday services. As it’s noted above, the more people who show up to help, the quicker it will be done!
I hope you plan on coming. It should be a good experience for us all as we do church together. God bless!